Although preview sessions are not required, they are highly recommended. This gives you and your stylist a chance to meet and build a good rapport, discuss and collaborate the best style for you and to execute your vision. If you decide not to have one for whatever reason, we are happy to offer and arrange a complimentary zoom session (approx. 20-30 min.) for a meet and greet and collaborate style ideas for your big day!
Plan for about 1-1.5 hrs. for makeup or hair only and 2-2.5 hrs. for both. The preview is typically done about 1-2 months before the event date unless you have a special occasion to use it for like an engagement photo session or a bridal shower. Preview sessions are held at the stylist's home/studio unless arranged ahead on a case-by-case. Travel fee may incur. The preview is a separate cost (see agreement for rate) and paid ahead. Typically, Saturdays and Sundays are busy days, but we can try to accommodate your schedule if you can't meet other days of the week.
Sure! Booking a stylist for your event is on a first come first serve basis. The date is not secured unless your contract is signed and the deposit has been made. Majority of brides pretty much know of my work and want to secure me as their stylist rather than wait to do the preview session, most likely they are concern the date will be given away before they meet me for the preview session.
Preferred payment include touchless methods such as Zelle or Venmo. Personal/Cashier Checks and Cash are also fine.
We will work closely with you and your event planner to set up a detailed hair/makeup timeline that will work within your master schedule. We will show when the stylist(s) will arrive to set up and each person's name and appointment time and the stylist working on them. Typically we schedule each person 45 min with the bride 1 hr for hair and 1 hr for makeup. We usually take 15 min set up and 15 min clean/pack up.
There is a refund policy (in the agreement) so if you are not happy or satisfied with your preview, you can cancel up to 2 months prior to the event with full refund of your deposit less $50 cancellation fee. This allows you more time to conveniently set up and align the preview session with something special such as an engagement session or bridal shower, dress fitting, etc... This will double purpose your preview session with another event which most smart brides like to do!
You can decrease the number of non-bridal services with no loss of deposit as long as a cancellation (in writing) was made at least 30 days before the event date. Adding services especially last minute will depend on stylist availability. We will do our best but there are no guarantee that those services can be accommodated. The earlier you confirm the # of services needed, the better chance we can accommodate your needs!
Yes, a deposit and a signed contract is required to secure your date. There is a 7 day grace period to hold the date. Once I receive the paperwork and deposit, I'll sign and scan a copy back for your records and the executed document will serve as your receipt.
I'll start gathering information to put together a detailed timeline for hair/makeup that will work within your master schedule. A draft timeline could be ready to review about 4 to 6 weeks before the event date! Once you approve the finalized timeline, I will send the final invoice so the client can make final payment.
It's best to have ample space for the stylist(s) to work. If your space isn't adequate, please consider an AirBnb or larger room. Please have a cleaned off table area for makeup and hair with adequate lighting and near an open window or good ventilation. Makeup chair will be provided. Low back chairs for hair services are needed.
Due to the Covid-19 situation, strict safety precautions will be in place. My team and I have been fully vaccinated and plan to wear a mask while working on you and your party. I will use a clean disposable bib over your clothes to protect from any makeup fallout and avoiding cross contamination. Disposable wipes and hand sanitizers will be available. Important: Please reschedule if you are not feeling well or have a temperature higher than 100 degrees. We do have the right of refusing service to a client if we suspect are ill. You may be offered to substitute that service if that happens. This is a case-by-case situation. Please feel free to discuss with us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter. We take very seriously the health and protection of every individual and make that a priority over risking safety.
● Always arrive with your face clean of any makeup, and be mindful to avoid any items over SPF 15-20. Moisturizers are best if applied at least 1 hour prior, to allow the skin time to absorb and cut back on oil production.
● Avoid any aggressive facial treatments or procedures before your session. While we fully support/encourage regular facials, peels, and microneedling etc, aggressive treatments or products that are too active may result in uneven skin tone, texture and/or dryness that will interfere with your makeup’s performance and appearance. Typically, it'll take about 10-14 days for skin to get back to its optimum texture after any sort of facial treatment for an even, beautiful makeup application.
● Do not have your brows waxed less than three days prior to the wedding. We love a fluffy natural brow, but if you plan on having them waxed or threaded, we suggest making your appointment no less than three days before the wedding so your skin is without any residual redness or irritation and in the best possible condition for your makeup application.
● We highly encourage inspiration photos. From Instagram to Pinterest, we have the luxury of having access to seemingly endless inspiration, and even if the look can't be exactly replicated on you, it helps your artist understand your vision, your aesthetic, and your overall vibe. Having a visual reference also minimizes the consultation time and, as long as expectations are realistic, they can be super helpful!
● Hair is best clean and completely dry. For thick and/or curly hair types, it is often best to wash hair and blowout the hair a day or two before the wedding to avoid any timing setbacks the morning of the big day. We suggest reaching out to your stylist in advance with any specific concerns or requests.
● Use minimal product after washing and avoid flat ironing/curling hair the day of. Day two curls/product is fine. If you use any Argan oil or deep conditioning products, it's best not to use them at least one wash prior to the wedding. They tend to leave a build up on the hair, weighing it down and causing it to become limp - which will hinder select styling options and cause curls to fall faster.
● No collars, please! Cute matching jammies may be all the rage right now, but collars are the main culprit for destroying hairstyles prematurely. Try to wear a silky robe or really wide neck top for your services to preserve your hair and transition safely into your dress. ● Please provide inspiration photos. From Instagram to Pinterest, we have the luxury of having access to seemingly endless inspiration, and even if the look can't be exactly replicated on you, it helps your artist understand your vision, your aesthetic, and your overall vibe. Having a visual reference also minimizes the consultation time.
● Avoid strap indents/marks on your chest/back by wearing a strapless bra, or even no bra at all. Same goes for sock marks, for those wearing anything that may expose the ankle! ● Don’t forget your body! Remember to exfoliate in the days leading up to the wedding (especially if you’re getting a spray tan) and moisturize your body well on the day of, particularly hands, feet, knees and elbows since they are often in images.
● Allow your beauty to shine from the inside out. Drinking ample water will help promote a healthy glow to the skin, while limiting sugar and salt at least one week prior to the wedding and cutting dairy intake completely at least two weeks prior to the wedding, will help keep breakouts and bloating to a minimum. Avoid too much caffeine the morning of the wedding to minimize needing to go the bathroom often especially once in the wedding dress.
● Allergy sufferers: Be sure to take something for them in the morning when you get up (non-drowsy of course) and if you wear contacts, a backup pair of disposables is always good to have just in case due to irritation and/or dust, dirt, pollen, sand etc. that can often get blown around while out doing pictures throughout the day.
● Know your limits.We totally get it, the rehearsal dinner is intoxicatingly fun - literally. Alternate each alcoholic beverage with a glass of water to stay hydrated, and try to get enough sleep/rest, as these are often the main culprit behind puffy eyes and dark circles! ● GET YOUR BEAUTY REST. Most brides have trouble sleeping the night prior to their wedding, and we cannot drive this home enough. You will definitely want to give yourself six to eight hours to sleep it off, but you'll sleep sound throughout the night, and wake up looking and feeling well rested.